Tuesday 7 December 2010

GBP gets Savvy Marketers Award


You guys know that this year has seen me embrace the online world a whole lot further - all you need do is check out the links at the side of this page, to see where I can now be found.

The likes of Twitter and Facebook are firmly placed as a key element in my day-to-day activities and have brought me closer to so many great people - some of which I've subsequently gone on to work with.

When building your social media presence, it's very easy to forget just who's out there, who you're trying to communicate with, and who's actually taking notice.

Sure, you can post pictures, links, comments and start discussions... but what does this matter if a) nobody is listening or b) you don't gauge the success of your activities?

I've never been one to enter competitions or blow my own trumpet; if people like what I do, then I'll gladly take the praise. So, it came as a very nice surprise at the end of last week to hear that I'd won an award for my efforts!

Turns out Savvy Marketers Awards 2010 named Giles Babbidge Photography the Best Small Business in the category of Best Facebook Page. You can check out the page here.

Savvy Marketers is a great resource created by Louise Barnes-Johnston and Sam McArthur, offering valuable online marketing how-to information to the small business owner. If Louise's name sounds familiar, you may remember it from my interview with her, as described in this post.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Louise and Sam, and a warm congratulations to all other winners in this year's Awards.

Here's to yet more successful online endeavours in 2011...

No comments: