Sunday 13 July 2008

A weekend of speed


Well, it's been a hectic few weeks, travelling hundreds of miles and shooting thousands of images (hence the recent lack of activity on the GBP Blog). Just as soon as I get a chance, I'll be writing about a number of my recent assignments - so watch this space. But for now...

Ah, technology; how we love it. Thanks to digital capture and instant internet connection on location, I am able to publish this post direct from the Press Office at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed. This is an event that I cover every year, and it just gets bigger, busier and better - attracting car enthusiasts from around the world, who decend on the Goodwood estate to witness some of the world's fastest and finest vehicles on two and four wheels.

My primary job this weekend has been to shoot images for immediate use on Goodwood's website - specifically the Events News 'Live' pages - so that people can keep up-to-date with all the action as it happens. Working in conjunction with a motorsport journalist, I have covered the whole event - from action on the track to concept car displays, kids' activities to celebrities. The resulting pictures will also remain on the site after the event has finally finished, as well as being placed online for access by certain areas of the media.

Long days, challenges and frustrations along the way, certainly - but ultimately great fun. And I love the fact that the imagery I shoot is in the camera one minute then live for the world to see the next.

Looking ahead... Bring on September for the Goodwood Revival!

No comments: