Sunday 22 March 2009

Now we Tweet!


If you are into the 'online community' way of things, you will no doubt have heard of Twitter. For those that don't know, this is another of the minute-by-minute, user-updatable sites out there. Think along the lines of Facebook, Beebo etc and you're not far off. The official blub reads:

"Twitter is a unique approach to communication and networking based on the simple concept of status. What are you doing? What are your friends doing - right now? With Twitter, you may answer this question over SMS [text messaging] or the Web and the responses are shared between contacts."

Well, the latest news in GBP's widening online network activities is that I have now joined up, and you can check out what I'm up to in several ways:
  • Go straight to my Twitter page here, or...
  • Follow the link over on the right (directs you to the same place, actually), or...
  • Check out the 'Twitter Updates' section, again on the right-hand side of this page.
To keep things in perspective, I'll tell you now that I am not planning on sending tens of messages each day. At this point, the aim is 1 to 3 per day. Maybe more, maybe less - depends on my schedule. As and when the mood takes me, I'll be adding the odd picture along the way, too, just for a bit of fun.

So, I suppose the question is... do you Tweet? If the answer is yes, then why not hook up with me? This is how it all works, after all!

And if you're just curious to see what all the fuss is about... well, you have all the links you need to find out!

No comments: